Testing Water Intake
How to Measure Water Intake
Use a cat-friendly water delivery and drinking monitoring system like FelaquaTM Connect from Sure Petcare, which encourages your cat to drink and, based on your cat’s microchip, provides you with insights on your cat’s drinking behavior (via a smartphone App.)
- Add a known amount of water from a measuring jug into an empty bowl
- Add additional water to the bowl as required using a measuring jug.
- Record how much water has been added to the bowl and subtract the amount of water left in the bowl after 24 hours – this is the amount of water your cat has consumed in one day.
FelaquaTM Connect from Sure Petcare
- Clean measuring jug or bowl marked at a known volume using indelible marker
A place to record results
- Sure Petcare app and Hub with FelaquaTM
- Pet Diabetes Tracker mobile app or Diabetes Diary